Pain from Plantar Fasciitis is often at its worst upon awakening in the morning (or after sitting down for an extended period and then resuming activity). This pain causes hobbling or a limping gait pattern for a few minutes before a comfortable stride can be resumed. As weight continues to be applied during walking or standing, mild or severe pain may persist.
Orthotics are very beneficial in the treatment of plantar fasciitis.
WHAT TYPE OF ORTHOTIC TO ORDER FOR PLANTAR FASCIITIS
- choose a polypropylene shell plus ETC topcover ( mm depends on weight- refer to cheat cheat sheet behind the order form )
- for central heel spurs request a heel hole
- advise your client to wear a sandal indoors ( SOLE or Birkenstock )
- ice and stretching regime
- recommend footwear with a strong heel counter